Tips for Planning Your Next Party
Planning a party of any scope can be a ton of work, but with a little organization, you can throw a party your guests will never forget. Just take some time to read these tips from our experts on wedding rentals in Orlando, and be sure to check each item off as you achieve it.
Four Weeks Before Your Party:
- Make the guest list.
- Determine the theme if you have one.
- Send your invitations.
- Plan your menu and any specialty drinks you will be serving.
- Enlist assistance if required, including inquiring about a caterer, bartender, or event rentals.
Two Weeks Before Your Party:
- Call your favorite rental company if you need to rent party supplies or equipment. You may want to rent if you need more tableware, glassware, silverware, tables, chairs, linens, or other specialty rental items (think chocolate fountains). Most of our customers agree that renting is more manageable, even when you own enough, so you do not have to do any dishes! If you are not certain what you require, contact our party rental experts for assistance.
- Create your music playlist.
- Prep any food that can be frozen.
One Week Before Your Party:
- Confirm attendance with your guests
- Confirm final details with any outside vendors like caterers and bartenders.
- Confirm your rental order with your local rental company.
- Ensure you have all the serving pieces and trays you require for apps, the main course, desserts, or any other courses throughout the party. If you don't have everything you need, you may need to contact the rental company again. Don't worry; it happens all the time, and we are here to help.
- Stock your bar. Most guests consume three to four cocktails in three hours. So, you can plan for about three bottles of wine per four guests just to be safe.
Three Days Before:
- Decorate the venue when possible.
- Make sure to have plenty of cleaning supplies in case of accidents.
- Establish a place for coats and jackets, or rent a coat rack if it's chilly.
- Complete your grocery shopping. Create a detailed list before heading to the store, so you remember everything you need. Purchase extra if needed. No one wants to leave a party famished.
One Day Before Your Party:
- Set up tables and chairs, and rearrange the furniture.
- Complete as much cooking as possible.
- Do a once-over of the venus, clean up, and put anything away you do not want others to notice.
Day of Your Party:
- Finish any cooking.
- Finalize seat arrangements and any furniture placement you could not accomplish the day before.
- A half-hour before guests come, set any food out that will not spoil, but be sure it's covered tightly. Once guests begin to arrive, remove saran wrap or foil.
- Welcome your guests and come out of the kitchen!!
- Remember the ice.
- Stay as organized as possible so you can mingle and not be tied up in the kitchen. A great hostess socializes with every guest and does not constantly clean or cook, making guests uneasy.
- It's your party, so have all the fun you want!
Follow these tips for throwing a successful party, and contact us today for party and wedding rentals in Orlando. We are here to help.